Monday, April 14, 2008

Springtime Catch-up (News, Updates & Tidbits!)

Spring Break, Jacksonville Beach, FL

Hello and Happy Spring!

Hopefully spring has found at least some of you out there...  In ATL it's been happening slowly... mostly in the form of waves of pollen and occasional varied weather outbursts. After a couple of days of nearly 80 degree weather, yesterday was cold again and slightly rainy with hail. I ventured out of the studio to get a few needed supplies and received what I think is probably the funniest thing a stranger has said to me in awhile... 

"Be careful out there sweetie, and don't get wet. Sugar melts, you know!" 

Only in the south. Rain or shine! :-)  Luckily today is blue skies and sunshine... a perfect painting day!

So, as I'm just about to head into the studio I realize I've successfully neglected keeping up with my sharing of the latest news & interview blogging a bit. It haunts me somewhat because I have wonderful news to share and more than half a dozen amazing artists who have agreed to be interviewed, but time is always having its say, so those are slightly delayed again. (The daunting time was noted and made apparent by my recent birthday as well! So happy to have celebrated with some of you locally-- Special thanks! xxoo)

Blowing out ONE candle at the Chocolate Bar while friends cheer me on--! I'm soooo young!! :-)

ANYway, I just found out that one of the talented artists featured on the InnerViews segment has had even more ongoing success since we interviewed him. I wanted to brag a bit about Doug Fogelson because he's got some seriously exciting things going on in the art world and I'm definitely wanting to toot a few horns to celebrate his accomplishments! (Plus, I'm a proud collector of his work!) Congrats, Douglas!!



I'm spending as much time as I can in the studio working on my new series "Bloom" for the
upcoming solo exhibition in Santa Fe scheduled next month at Hunter KirklandContemporary. 

AND... I'm also trying to get a few new paintings ready for the Fay Gold Gallery!  Fay has offered to represent my work exclusively in Georgia and I'm absolutely thrilled to share this exciting news with you! Our official announcement will be sent out as soon as I'm able to complete a few new pieces for their inventory. . .  In the meantime, I hope you'll check out Fay Gold Gallery in person as well as visit their website-- the artists are among the finest including photographer, John Folsom.   John just had an opening on April 2nd and I've become a big fan of his work over the past couple of years. Trust me, you won't want to miss checking out his latest series! 


And... the gallery that I've signed on with in Dallas, Texas (Artizen Fine Arts) had a great turn out and showing in February. I have a snapshot, but have been molasses s-l-o-w in posting it. I believe my next show in Dallas will be this October.... stay tuned! 

Layer Upon Layer, Group Show, Opening Reception, February 16th, 2008
Artizen Fine Arts, Dallas, TX


Last, but not least... I'm pleased to make mention that my work & prints have recently been placed in the following collections:

Shangri-la Residences, Jakarta, Indonesia
JW Marriott, Houston, Texas
Phoenician Villas, Scottsdale, Arizona
Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, California
Westwood Palomar, Los Angeles, California
Southern Healthcare, Atlanta, Georgia
Hyatt Regency, Marietta, Georgia
Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, Phoenix, Arizona
Half Moon, Montego Bay, Jamaica, West Indies
Hyatt, Reston, Viriginia


Hope you will enjoy viewing all of these images online... reading the article on Douglas... and getting ready to go out to more art exhibitions wherever you are! 

Thank you so very much for your continued support!! I look forward to hearing from you soon... and sharing more news as it happens. Or as soon as I can thereafter! 

Best to all... And as my friend Manuel in Portugal says... 
Beijinhos!
~Jennifer