Monday, November 24, 2008

I Love NY!

I'm taking a quick break from moving into my new art studio so I can catch everyone up on my news & tidbits... and do a little more sharing... as promised. 

View from Park Avenue Hyatt at Grand Central Station

Earlier this month I had the great fortune to spend three incredible days in NYC.  I know it comes as a huge shock to almost everyone, but besides a half day trip for a meeting years ago, this was pretty much my first time in New York.  I know! I know! An artist who hasn't been to NYC!? It seems preposterous. Believe me, I've had quite a few tongue lashings about it. My artwork is all over New York... but I've been waiting for the right time to get there myself... and thankfully that opportunity finally arrived...

Ice Skating at Rockefeller Center

I'm happy to say that it was perfect. And exhilarating. NOW I know why everyone falls in love with New York. I am now its newest, biggest fan and can't wait to go back again!

View from the Rainbow Room

From the moment I arrived, the energy and pace of the city immediately lifted my spirits. The friendly nature of those I was meeting and the ease of getting around the city certainly helped too.  

Empire State Building

I wasted no time exploring the neighborhoods, feasting at delicious restaurants, shopping, stopping by a few galleries, and wandering through Central Park...

Central Park

....watching the marathon, and of course hitting the museums and a few tourist spots. 

Guggenheim Museum

MOMA

My days filled quickly. The highlight by far was attending a live taping of SNL (thank you soooooo very much, Judy!!), which was hosted by Ben Affleck and a guest appearance was made by Senator John McCain just before the elections.  AND they actually let me in to the SNL after party as well. What a blast!!! It was truly the most fun I've had in well... a long, long time!  

Rockefeller Center

SNL

After party pic with Fred Armisen

I also had the pleasure of meeting and being photographed by Cameron Krone... an incredible artist whose work I'm a huge fan of and I've blogged-bragged about before. . . 

Photo shoot with Cameron Krone

All in all a huge success... and I can't wait to go back later in December with friends and again for the future book release party.  It probably wouldn't take much convincing to get me to move to New York at some point... we'll see how things go!

I'll post more news soon about some VERY exciting events & other things to note .... just as soon as I finish moving into the new studio! 

No comments: