Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Update

July is quickly coming to an end... it's been a full, interesting few weeks and I feel extremely blessed for everything. Since my last post in June, I've managed to stay rather busy, which prompted me to finally hire on a couple of temporary assistant/interns. This allowed me a bit of time to begin writing the first few pages of my book, complete a few new beautiful commissioned paintings... here is one image installed...

"Kigo", 48"x60", ©JenniferJLJones • Private Collection, Savannah, GA

I've also been making a bit of time to work with my new webmaster for the updating/revamping of my website (hopefully set to launch early August). Unfortunately I've been spending more time than I'd like seeking out the best artist software available (not an easy task), but I balanced that headache out by making plans for upcoming international travel. I need it! (More on that later...)

I was fortunate to enjoy a lovely get away up to Newport, R.I. & Martha's Vineyard to see very dear friends over the 4th and was admittedly a bit sad to come back to Atlanta. The Vineyard just steals a bit more of my heart each time I visit. Sigh....

Newport, R.I.

Fast Ferry to the Vineyard

Vineyard Haven- truly a haven

The beautiful garden we woke up to each morning and drank coffee and talked about life and art and love and everything under the sun... was so relaxing! My gratitude to Jess, Mike & Judy!!

I did manage to return to the studio with inspiration from the trip though and started my new "Earthshine" series, which will debut this coming October at three different locations....

Earthshine
New Paintings by Jennifer J L Jones
Debut: October 2010

Earthshine is the moon's night side reflected from the surface of the Earth, and to be more specific, the clouds are creating the reflection. In the same way, if we remove ourselves from our own perspective and look at our situations from a different perspective, perhaps we too will see the glow that emanates from the clouds surrounding us. Sometimes even the slightest shift in our perspective can make the biggest difference. The "Earthshine" series represents my journey in seeking the light within the dark; changing perspective to see the greater good and growth at hand; and having the courage to trust the process of looking past shadows to find the light and beauty of inner truth.


...AND last, but not least, I've signed on with Pryor Fine Art Gallery! We have a show already lined up for my work in January, but I'll be getting new work to them in the interim, so no worries, my local-lites!

So, lots and lots of painting going on and to come along with more news and announcements surely to follow over the next few weeks... for now I leave you, my dear readers with best wishes and promises to share as much beauty with you as possible.

I welcome August with an open heart with all the inspiration it wishes to provide as I am ready to push my work to a new level. I hope this quick update finds you all well and enjoying this season to its fullest.

My sincere thanks for your ongoing support!!!
~Jennifer








No comments: