Friday, October 8, 2010

New Paintings & Busy-ness of Art

"Patience"
48"x48"
Mixed Media Painting on Wood Panel
©2010 Jennifer J L Jones


Unbelievable how busy things have gotten! Just back from one show and getting ready for two more and beginning my new 'Serenata' series while trying to figure out why Comcast has blocked my IP and black listed my account. This is not a fun thing... and it all started because I sent out too many invitations via email for my art show. I just want some decent help to get things resolved while not pulling all of my hair out. I also have taxes to get finished by next week. I am definitely busy and many of you have been asking where I've been... so that should give you a little insight. Nevertheless, I'm feeling great and the autumn air and beautiful skies are helping.

In the middle of all this flurry and hurry, I wanted to send a note of thanks again out to all of my fans, friends, collectors, family and clients. There are moments that bring me clarity and fill me with gratitude... I get so caught up in the busy-ness of life and work and keeping up with details and dreams that it's easy to lose perspective. Thankfully the moments of gratitude come frequently throughout each day for me... I feel so blessed to be able to create from my heart and share my work with all of you and that it is so appreciated by viewers. Thank you! Thank you!

Tonight I'll be attending artist John Folsom's opening at Pryor Fine Art. I'm not just a friend and contemporary of John's but a HUGE fan of his work. I can't say enough great things and I hope those of you in the area will all come out to check out his show and show your support! My next series is just underway entitled "Serenata". (More on the background for that exciting series coming in another post soon!)

In the meantime, I've posted images of two more of my latest paintings. The one above is "Patience" and "Apex", below, is currently at Stellers Gallery in Ponte Vedra Beach. This is my personal favorite from the series... This show opened last Friday night and has already received a lot of attention! I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your incredible support. Artists need you as much as you need them! :)



"Apex"
60"x60"
Mixed Media Painting on Wood Panel
©2010 Jennifer J L Jones
(currently on exhibit at Stellers Gallery, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL)

4 comments:

Customer.Connect.Melissa said...

Hi There!

Sorry for the trouble with Comcast. Email our team at the address below, we'll get that straightened out for you.

PS - love the painting.


Kind Regards,
Melissa Mendoza
Comcast Customer Connect
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@comcast.com
@ComcastMelissa

Jennifer J L Jones said...

Thanks, Melissa. I'd send an email, but that is the issue. Comcast has me blocked so I can't send email at all :( I'd love for them to return my calls- that'd be a great start.

Eyeon Media said...

@ comcast/Melissa

The effort is appreciated, but sentiments do not translate into accountability or results in this case. This is a sad but common trend with Comcast.

Despite generating a clear report using http://mxtoolbox.com to uncover that the comcast ip that Jennifer is assigned is on a blacklist we have not been able to ever get an agent to 1.) acknowledge the problem 2.) try to find someone that can help. I guess clear gets another customer!

Diane McGregor said...

Hey, enough about Comcast -- Jennifer, I adore your painting, Patience. xoxox D