Thursday, September 4, 2008

Summer Epiphanies & Discombobulation

The summer has been .... interesting; a plethora of inspiration in many forms. I feel as though I've experienced every high and low under the sun in terms of emotions and things that have come and gone in and out of my life. I could write a lot and get into so much in this post with that as my opening topic, but for now I just say that it's all fodder and I'm glad fall is on its way. (My favorite season; especially for creating.) 

My most recent series entitled "Hungry Ghost" is well under way and posted here is a sneak peek at the first painting completed.  This series has been influenced by personal epiphanies I've experienced over the past few months. 

"Autumn Lagoon" is already on exhibition at Hunter Kirkland Contemporary in Santa Fe, New Mexico. 

"Autumn Lagoon" (totems)
6 @ 40"x5"
Mixed Media Painting on Wood Panels
© 2008 Jennifer J L Jones

1 comment:

Diane McGregor said...

Dear Jen, I love this painting and will look forward to seeing it next time I'm at Hunter Kirkland.