Monday, September 1, 2008

His favorite paintings were blue...

Photo: Frank D'Ascenzo with his wife, Barbara

Today I post tribute to honor the memory of my dear friend, collector, and mentor, Frank D'Ascenzo.  While Frank's passing last week has me filled with great sorrow, it has also brought about an amazing sense of gratitude.  

"Source"
12"x12" Mixed Media Painting on Wood
© Jennifer J L Jones
In the collection of Frank & Barbara D'Ascenzo

I will forever feel blessed to have known Frank... As a friend he provided an incredible amount of encouragement, and when needed, a trusted shoulder to lean on.  As a mentor he offered his marketing skills and invaluable advice, which created an international presence for my artwork on the internet... and in so many ways his overall support and guidance played an integral role in my art career. As one of my best art collectors, his endless excitement over each new series of paintings was always a shared joy. 

"Left of Blue"
40"x40" Mixed Media Painting on Wood
© Jennifer J L Jones
In the collection of Frank &Barbara D'Ascenzo

What a rare gift indeed it is to find people in our lives who can become so many things to us; to play such important roles. 

I am forever grateful to you, Frank. Your strength, kindness, time, humor, generosity, and grace will be with me always. You are missed...

No comments: