Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"Ever" from the Earthshine series on exhibition at Pryor Fine Art

For those of you wondering where I've been... no worries! Yes, I've been M.I.A., but I'm very much alive and doing well. I may not be on Facebook anymore, but that doesn't mean life has stopped! In fact, the longer I've been away from that social online networking scene, the more time I've had to be productive in other ways. Namely, painting! So that's where I've been... hard at work in the studio, getting ready for my upcoming exhibitions. . .


"Earthshine"
(ensemble of 12 out of a series of 25)
5"x5" each, mixed media paintings on wood panels
©2010 Jennifer J L Jones

The image above is just an example of a few of the smallest pieces in the new series. My new series "Earthshine" is one of the largest bodies of works to date... it's not completed quite yet, but getting there in a hurry. That's a good thing because it's due to debut in a few short weeks at several different national gallery locations: October 1st at Stellers Gallery, (in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida), October 15th at Hunter Kirkland Contemporary (in Santa Fe, New Mexico), and October 16th at the Cindy Szczecinski curated exhibition space (in Savannah, Georgia). I have a busy two weeks coming up to be sure to get things wrapped up, but looking forward to sharing all of this new work with you all SOON!

"Ever"
60"x60" Mixed Media Painting on Wood Panel
©2010 Jennifer J L Jones

The first completed painting from this new series is "Ever" (60"x60") and is on exhibit and available at Pryor Fine Art in Atlanta, Georgia. It will be featured this Friday night (September 17th) as Pryor Fine Art celebrates its 20 year anniversary and the opening reception for the the owner, artist, Susie Pryor. The reception is from 6-8p.m. and a portion of the proceeds will benefit the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.

I'll be posting again soon... I need to share an image of "Chiyu",one of my new paintings that I've donated to be auctioned off on October 1st at Stellers Gallery to benefit Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I'd love to get everyone on board to help support such an important cause!

Thanks for all of your support!!!

Wishing you a lovely day... and with gratitude,
~Jennifer

No comments: