Friday, January 4, 2008

News, Updates & Announcements

After spending a few weeks so busy and traveling and following up with the holidays, it's good to be back in the studio creating again. My new series entitled "Sensai" is underway and explores the idea of fragile beauty. This series will debut on March 14th at my solo exhibit at Stellers Gallery Annex in Neptune Beach, Florida. (Don't forget to mark your calendars so you don't miss this event!)

I am also working on a selection of new paintings for a private exhibition scheduled later in February at Soho Myriad in Atlanta, Georgia. This meet & greet showing was requested by a very special client and will include three other artists. This is truly flattering to be selected from a long list of many talents for such an exclusive event. Soho Myriad not only exhibits my original paintings but they are also my print publisher. The recently helped The Westin select prints of my work ("Verdant Landscape I" & "Verdant Landscape II") for their Virginia Beach collection.

Image: "Serendipity 10" 15"x15" Mixed Media on Wood © Jennifer J L Jones

I know many of you look forward to the annual Art Papers Auction and I'm pleased be an ongoing supporter. Two of my paintings ("Serendipity 10" & "Serendipity 22") were selected for the 9th Annual Art Papers Art Auction, which will be held Saturday, February 2nd, 2008 at Mason Murer Fine Art in Atlanta.

Image: "Serendipity 22" 15"x15" Mixed Media on Wood © Jennifer J L Jones


Art Papers showcases work by famed and emerging artists from around the world and the events are always extremely well attended. They do offer a collector's preview and I believe absentee silent bidding. Please visit their link for more information.


Last, but not least for this newsy post, I'm pleased to announce that the January/February issue of Atlanta Magazine's Home is out and features my painting "Sage Whisper" (created especially for designer Carla Kantola). The image can be found in the "Simply Spectacular" article on page 61.

I hope you've enjoyed the updates and news bits! I look forward to sharing more news & InnerViews with you in the coming weeks!!