Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Inspiring Others

"As an artist, my most significant reward is to know that 
my work has affected even one viewer..."

This is the last sentence from my artist statement and is something I am always striving for. To somehow affect or inspire others through my work... 

"Five Elements"
48"x60" Mixed Media on Wood
© Jennifer J L Jones

Last year I found out that one of my paintings, "Five Elements" helped inspire the design of a $70 million high-rise building in Phoenix, Arizona. Just this morning I received an update about the progress of this project and wanted to share it with all of you... The reward of knowing that my work was recognized is a blessing for me!

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time over the years to let me know how my work has touched your lives...  It means so much to me and I send out my whole hearted thanks for all of your ongoing support!

~Jennifer




Like the mythological bird that rises from its ashes, downtown Phoenix has been reborn.

The tallest residential building in Arizona, 44 Monroe, is one of many signs of the downtown’s rebirth. Located at Monroe and First streets, the 34-story, 196-unit condo tower is expected to be completed by mid-2009.

The building is next to the light rail and within walking distance of downtown businesses and attractions.

Not surprisingly, residents of 44 Monroe have incredible views of downtown Phoenix from inside their units and their balconies. The units also come with travertine tile in the kitchen and foyer areas, granite countertops in kitchens, sound- and fire-rated partitions and Kohler fixtures in bathrooms.

The eighth floor offers several community amenities: a fitness room, business center, conference room, community room with catering kitchen and outdoor grill area and a pool and spa area with restrooms.

A seven-floor parking garage, which has cameras and other security features, provides parking for residents. Additionally, there is metered parking on Monroe Street and parking garages in the area.

Prices go from $483,100 to $4.19 million. Size ranges from 965 to 4,268 square feet. Units come in a variety of one-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans.

Designed by San Diego-based Tucker Sadler Architects, the building was inspired partly by a painting from artist Jennifer J.L. Jones called “Five Elements.”  The five vertical fins on the facade correspond with the five Chinese elements of nature — earth, wood, water, metal and fire — featured in the painting. The design element is also a theme in the building’s interior.

No comments: