Thursday, December 4, 2008

Books on the brain

One of my older brothers just celebrated his birthday (Happy Birthday, Mike!!)... and my gift to him this year was a copy of the newly released book Signs of the Apocalypse/Rapture (featuring one of my paintings "Rapture II".)  I was especially proud to share this with him and sign it with a big note of personal thanks;  he was the one that gave me my first set of oil paints, paint brushes and canvas... and I've been happily painting ever since.  To be included in such an elegant book is thrilling and I hope those of you who have purchased your own copy will enjoy it from cover to cover... and will perhaps even consider purchasing this as a gift to others as well. 

I have many stacks of books that I keep meaning to get to... some I've read, a few I want to re-read, others I've merely skimmed/flipped through, and the rest keep calling my name and I keep swearing I'll make time for them... but the timing has to be just right (and speaking of time, I'm not even going to go on about how freaked out I am that it's already December!)  
Then there are the elite few that make it to the top of my list immediately and are absorbed as soon as my eyes are upon them (especially when they are written/created by others I know and admire.)  There are a couple of my friends that I'd like to briefly blog-brag about as they also have recent and newly published books that are absolutely wonderful! 

Samara O'Shea... your open, honest writing and heart in Note to Self inspired me to journal again after so many years of neglect. Thank you!! I'm so happy to be able to call you a friend! (And congratulation on all of your well deserved success!) Find Samara's books here

And 

Brit Hammer... yet again you've produced another gorgeous book full of inspiration!! I just received my copy of Mosaic: Finding Your Own Voice and absolutely love it! Congratulations! Your love truly cascades, my dear friend, and I can't wait to visit you in the Netherlands! Find Brit's books here.  

There are so many books I could list and mention and recommend, but these are the few for now I wanted to highlight. I hope you find inspiration in these books and so many others out there just waiting to be absorbed! 

More soon... including an exciting announcement coming up next week... and other posts as I'm still trying to catch up on all the news and goings on! 


No comments: