Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New Acquisition: Orchidae



Installed artwork: "Orchidae" by Jessica Pisano ©

FedEx recently delivered a package to my studio that I couldn't wait to open. My latest art acquisition! Photographer and mixed media artist Jessica Pisano and I traded artwork and I'm thrilled to have this gorgeous hand-painted, framed photograph hanging in my home now. This floating orchid is delicate and tranquil- the close up view of such a perfect piece of nature with its soft pink shading sets me at ease. There are a few pieces of art in my growing collection- all of which I have happily traded for. It's one of the perks about finding other artists works you admire and thankfully having that appreciation reciprocated. Thank you, Jessica! I'm thrilled to have this in my personal collection!